We're Covering These Topics
One of the most exciting things about the world of blogging is that anyone can start a brand or business of their own…no matter where they might live.
Sumit, first of all, I would like to say a warm welcome on Mastery Blogging Interview Series.
I am feeling great to have you on my blog.
Be sure to check out his story and actionable advice below.
Let’s Start the Interview Session…
1. Please tell us about yourself and your educational background.
First of all, Thank you Sanu for inviting me to your interview series.
Hey Friends, I’m Sumit Sao. I’ve completed my graduation in electronics & communication engineering in 2015.
I’m a part-time blogger, affiliate marketer and founder of BloggingLift.com where I always try to provide useful guides related to Blogging, SEO, Affiliate Marketing, WordPress etc.
Apart from this, I’m also running a Facebook Group “Blogging Lift VIP Group” which is joined by 16,300+ bloggers.
I share weekly blogging tips in this group to help my blogging buddies. You can join this group and ask your blogging-related doubts in this group to get help from me and other expert bloggers of our group.
2. Who inspired you the most to start a blog and which were the blogs you read in starting days?
No one inspired me to start my first blog. Yes, it’s the truth.
During the last semester of my Engineering, when I learned HTML and knew that we can design web pages by writing some HTML codes.
Then I created a webpage and purchased a domain name and hosting from Godaddy and launched my first single-page website.
At that time, I did not know about blogging, SEO, WordPress and any money-making method.
But one day I visited on ShoutMeLoud and then I knew about blogging, SEO etc.
And after 3 unsuccessful blogs, I started my blog BloggingLift.com
3. Blogging is not an easy job and it needs too much hard work. What were the difficulties you got when you started blogging?
Yes, I agree with you that it’s not an easy task to make your blog successful.
When I started my blogging journey in October 2015. At that time, I didn’t know about anything like WordPress, SEO, Affiliate Marketing etc.
That’s why I faced lots of problems in the initial days. But after visited ShoutMeLoud I learned basic things.
In 2016, I faced a serious problem because my Adsense account got banned due to invalid click activity then I think that I can not make money from my blog.
But one day, I learned about Affiliate Marketing and now it’s the main source of my income.
4. Traffic is the biggest concern for newbies. What you did to attract tons of visitors on your blog?
I completely agree with you that traffic is one of the main concerns of every newbie blogger and it’s very difficult to bring a good amount of traffic in initial days.
The first thing I want to suggest is that you should create in-depth and quality contents.
Because First Impression is the last impression. If anyone visit your site and checked that you’ve written thin contents then they may never visit your site again.
I’ve written a 4,000+ words guide on “How to write well researched and good blog post in 9 easy steps.” This guide will definitely help you to write a well-researched article easily.
Here are some other tips which can help you:
- Build your email list from day 1. It’ll help you to get instant traffic whenever you’ll publish a new blog post.
- If you think that you’ll publish content and traffic will come automatically then you are making a big mistake. Share your content on social media on a regular basis.
- Follow 80/20 rule: You should spend 20% of your time in creating new content and 80 of your time in promoting the content.
PRO TIP: Mention Popular blogger related to your niche in your blog post and inform them about it through blogger outreach. They may share your article with their audience. It’ll give you a good amount of traffic.
5. The best thing you did for building your Blog?
If you want to make your blog successful then the very first thing is that you should spend on your blog.
I did the same. I spend money on a good web hosting company, premium themes, plugins, SEO tools and many more. You should understand this fact that it takes money to make money.
With the WPX Black Friday deal, you can start your blog at $1.24/month.
Apart from this, I also started my facebook group “Blogging Lift VIP Group” which helped me a lot to connect with awesome bloggers all around the world.
6. How much time do you spend on social media promotion and SEO of your blog?
I spend less time on social media promotion and SEO. Because I daily receive many messages on Facebook Messenger and email.
So, I spend most of my time helping my blogging buddies. It helps me to connect with newbie bloggers every day.
7. What are your topmost SEO suggestions to newbies while doing their blog’s SEO?
Here are a few tips for newbie bloggers:
- Use Low KD and high search volume long-tail keywords in your article.
- Avoid keyword stuffing i.e. don’t repeat the same keyword again and again.
- Before writing content, type your focus keyword in Google and check top 10 ranking articles. It’ll help you to understand the user search intent.
- Write 10x better content than your competitors.
Just follow these simple tips which I’ve given above.
8. If you were to start all over, what mistakes would you like to avoid?
Good question. Here are a few things I would like to do if I were to start all over.
- I didn’t know the power of building email lists. So, I would like to focus on list building from day one.
- When I started my blogging journey. At that time, I published thin contents and I was careless about doing keyword research. So, I would like to avoid these mistakes.
9. When did you make your first dollar online and what efforts you made to earn it?
I made my first $65 from the Bluehost affiliate program. It took me more than a year to make my first income online.
I did lots of mistakes and learned from them.
That’s why I started BloggingLift.com & “Blogging Lift VIP Group” on Facebook to help my readers & group members so that they don’t make any mistakes like me and get success in blogging in their first attempt.
10. Newbies want to earn money as soon as possible. What would you like to suggest them and which approach they should follow?
Blogging is not a rich quick scheme. If you start your blog today and you think that from next day or next month you’ll be making thousands of dollar. Then it’s not possible. It takes some time to make money from the blog.
Some tips which can help you:
- Write quality content for your blog.
- Check professional bloggers blog to know how they are promoting affiliate products on their blog.
Never give up. “If Plan A Fails, Remember that you have 25 letters left”
11. Would you like to give some suggestion for my blog?
Hey Sanu, I’ve only one suggestion for you that you should use a social sharing plugin to show sharing options in your blog posts and pages.
12. Message for my readers.
If you want to get success in blogging then it requires three things.
- Smart Work
- Dedication &
Final Words !!!
Thanks again Sumit for taking the time to share your advice and story with the Mastery Blogging.
If you would like to learn about other bloggers and how they are finding success online, be sure to read through our blogger’s interview series.